How do you like your eggs in the morning?
The latest Instagram food trend is for cloud eggs – no more smashed avocado and poached eggs or a fried egg placed neatly on a plate. The cloud egg has arrived to Instagram and if you want to make them yourself here is how.
Cloud eggs were made for Instagram, dainty looking and they go with so many different foods – toast, muffins or just on their own with a bit of salad. Tailor the eggs to your own taste, have them natural or with ham, cheese or for oomph add some chilli to your egg white.
Fancy trying the new craze at home? Follow this step-by-step guide to creating the perfect fluffy, cloud eggs.
1) Get your two eggs and two bowls.
2)Separate your egg whites from the yolk. I used my crazy little egg separator man (Bogey Man Egg Separator)
3) I placed the whites into a bigger bowl for ease of using the electric whisk. Whisk the whites until they have reached a stiff peak consistency
4) At this point, you can fold in added ingredients such as herbs, ham or cheese.
5) Place the egg white mix onto a baking tray in small piles and bake in a pre-heated oven for around eight minutes or until they start to brown. Make sure to create a space in the centre of the egg white for the yolk.
6) Remove the egg whites from the oven and add the yolk into the middle of each pile.
7) Bake for around a further three minutes or until golden. Serve and remember to take your Instagram photo!
Have you tried cloud eggs or will you attempt to make them?
- 2 large eggs
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F or 250C/ Gas Mark 8.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in any added ingredients such as cheese, ham or herbs.
- Create 2 mounds of egg whites on the prepared baking sheet.
- Indent the centres of each to look like nests.
- Bake until slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add an egg yolk to the centre of each egg white cloud.
- Bake until the yolks are just set, about 3 minutes more.
Come say hello