We first tried this unusual Peruvian drink when we ate at Andina in Shoreditch in London in early 2014. It’s a great hot & filling breakfast for winter mornings, and as well as being delicious it’s easy to make…
- 4 oz quinoa
- 450ml milk
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place quinoa and 450ml water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Drain and return quinoa to saucepan
- Add milk, apples, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, add vanilla and puree until smooth.
Show Comments (0)