10 things to do with smoked salmon
Smoked salmon is delicious in many ways from straight out of the packet to sushi, pasta and much more.
Here are some suggestions on how to use smoked salmon throughout the festive season.
If these inspire you, Inverawe Smokehouse have given us a code for 20% off orders for new customers placed before midnight on 30th April 2017. Use/quote code FCA20
Click HERE for their online shop or phone 03448 475 490.
1. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs are perfect for Christmas morning, quick and easy to make. Serve with Bucks Fizz to ease yourself into the day.
Kedgeree is another breakfast/brunch idea. Usually made with smoked haddock, smoked salmon makes for a lighter-flavoured dish.
3. Salmon and chive bows
Liven up pasta with smoked salmon. This would work as a party buffet dish or as a main course.
4. Salmon and avocado sushi
A light lunch or nibbles for a party, sushi is easier to make than you think.
5. Salmon and cheats’ blinis
Salmon and blinis are another match made in heaven. Save time with these cheats’ blinis.
6. Salmon, dill and potato tart
Another one for either a party buffet or a lighter main course. Salmon works well in quiche and flans.
7. Smoked salmon, leek and potato soup
Cullen skink-like,this creamy and hearty soup will warm you up on the coldest of days.
8. Smoked salmon and celeriac dauphinois
Don’t be scared of celeriac, it looks ugly but adds a rooty/nutty mild celery flavour to dishes. It can be eaten raw, mashed, roasted or stewed.
9. Spaghetti with smoked salmon, chilli and lemon
Make use of leftover salmon with some chilli and lemon for a quick and tasty meal.
10. Spaghetti Carbonara with salmon
A creamy and luxurious use of smoked salmon in place of the usual pancetta/bacon.
Check out the Inverawe Smokehouse website for recipes.
- Whisky Coffee, Haggis Crisps and more this Burns Night at Lidl - 16/01/2021
- Create tasty dishes at home with Six by Nico masterclasses - 14/01/2021
- Alston at home launches - 13/01/2021