We were asked by Amira to try out their rice, which we were happy to do so!
On their website there are some meals suggestions, which look delicious. I especially like the Dolmades – will have to get some beet leaves to try this out.
We decided to try something that was easy to make as well as quick. A basic veggie rice with which you could add whatever you want. We had some lamb chops so added these.
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1tbsp crushed chilli
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g basmati rice, rinsed
450ml vegetable stock
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinse
These are the base ingredients, add items such as beans, more veg, halloumi anything to give it more pizazz.
1. As we have lamb chops we cooked these first so that the rice would absorb the juices and get more flavour. Remove the lamb after cooking and then add garlic etc. If cooking the rice with just vegetables – Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan that has a lid, then fry the garlic and crushed chilli over a medium heat for 1 minute, until it smells toasty.
2. Tip the rice into the pan with the stock, chickpeas and stir with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
3. Fluff up the rice with a fork and add any herbs you wish like Coriander.
The rice cooked very quickly and didn’t appear to stick at all, it absorbed the liquid without being soggy and gloopy like. This was so easy to make and only used one pan which didn’t need the usual scrubbing to remove sticky rice.
We will have to try some more recipes out with this rice as it cooked very well.
- 12 most bizarre ice cream flavours from Lithuania - 04/08/2020
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh : House for an Art Lover - 01/08/2020
- Recipe : Scotty Brand Scottish-grown cherries fruit mess - 31/07/2020