Whilst in Marrakesh, we booked ourselves into a cookery class at La Sultana Hotel.
Here is a note of one of the recipes we learned to cook.
Receipe: Morrocan Fish Tagine
- 600 g Fish - we used John Dory
- 200 g Green Peppers
- 200 g Red Peppers
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ras el hanout
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 bunch Parsley - finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Coriander - finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- Cut the fish into large chunks
- In a bowl add olive oil, chopped herbs, cumin, paprika, ras el hanout, ginger, white pepper, lime juice, garlic, salt and water.
- Add fish to this mixture and place into fridge to marinade
- Grill peppers for around 15 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- Add a tablespoon of marinade sauce to the tagine.
- Place pepper strips on top of marinade.
- Add fish to tagine. Place some more pepper strips on top for decoration.
- Place tagine on top of hob and cook for 10 minutes.