Valentine's Chocolate Mousse recipe from Neil Mugg, Head Pastry Chef at The Gleneagles Hotel.
This luxurious dark chocolate mousse is simple to make yet tastes delicious. Serve with marmalade, shortbread, ice cream - whatever takes your fancy. Surprise your other half this Valentine's Day with a home made dessert all the way from The Gleneagles Hotel.
Recipe: Smoked Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g Dark chocolate – 70%
- 120 ml Boiling water
- 3 Egg yolks
- 140 g Italian meringue
- Smoke oil to taste – optional this recipe also works well without the smoke.
- Melt the chocolate over boiling water, mix until it is all melted.
- Add in the egg yolks – mix well to emulsify.
- Fold in the Italian meringue and smoke oil to taste.
- Serve as quenelles on your plate or place into small serving bowls for a deeper pudding.