Summer Delights – Fresh and Fruity, natural ice-blocks
Create your own fresh and fruity ice blocks with all-natural ingredients. Ideal to freeze and a great treat to serve on a lovely, hot summer day at the end of a barbecue or an outdoor garden get together.
The recipe below is so easy and simple to make with lots of lovely natural flavours and gives you a real health boost – with the added bonus of being a healthy food that kids will love!
Fruit is always a good way to introduce healthy nutrients into to your diet, especially for children. Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C, bananas are an excellent energy booster and almond milk is packed with immunity-boosting Vitamin E! And mint herbs add such a huge variety of flavours to your ice blocks: applemint, spearmint, chocolate mint, peppermint…..
Fresh-and-fruity, natural ice-blocks
2 medium bananas
2 large oranges
250 ml almond milk
Sprigs of fresh mint leaves (in this case I used spearmint)
Ice block moulds (Set of six)
• Peel and chop bananas.
• Juice oranges (200 ml) and into a measuring jug
• Add 250ml almond milk to the jug
• Wash and cut the avocado in half (scoop out 1 tablespoon)
• Wash and finely chop fresh mint leaves.
• Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth then transfer to a jug.
• Carefully pour the mixture into ice-block moulds then place in the freezer compartment for approximately four hours (Remember to check they are frozen before removing!) Run ice blocks under warm water for a few seconds and ease out of moulds.
Check out some of our other recipes
or head on over to our Full Recipe Index
You can also subscribe to Foodie Explorers to keep up to date with all new recipes.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.