Here’s something for when you need a savoury snack but don’t want crisps, perhaps you’re just trying to be good or on an Atkins or other carb-free diet, they’re ideal to serve with dips, especially when friends are over. Add extra paprika if you want a kick.
Recipe: Baked Green Bean Fries
- 4 cream crackers crushed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 200 g green beans washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/ 218 degrees C
- Combine the cracker crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip the green beans in the beaten egg and then into the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.