With the weather beginning to get to time for winter comfort food.
This budget meal will keep you warm, isn’t too unhealthy (you can omit the cream from Step 4, and use milk instead of cream at Step 3.). A quick and easy recipe that will give you a quick dinner.
Cauliflower Fish Pie
Serves 6 (when served with sides or depending on how hungry you are!)
1 whole medium sized cauliflower
2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion finely diced
2 carrots and diced
3 large handfuls of baby spinach
1 teaspoon mustard
2 fillets of smoked fish
2 hardboiled eggs, cut into quarters
1 handful of cheddar cheese
handful of parsley finely chopped
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Remove florets from the cauliflower and steam over boiling water until tender.
3. Place the cooked cauliflower, one tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of the cream, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large frypan, melt butter and fry of onions and carrots over a gentle heat until soft. Then add spinach, the remainder of the cream, mustard and bring to a simmer. Taste for seasoning. Remove from heat and add chopped herbs.
5. In a large lasagne dish, arrange your chunks of fish and hard boiled eggs. Pour over your cream and vegetables.
6. Carefully spread your cauliflower over the top and then top that with the cheese.
7. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Show Comments (2)