This is a quick and simple lunch or supper. Use plaice, sea bass or cod in place of haddock.
We added some spirulina to give a superfood boost to this dish.
Recipe: Fried Haddock Fillets with a Herb and Polenta Crust
Recipe Type: Fish
- 2 haddock fillets
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 2 oz (50 g) polenta
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice 2 lemons
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Mix the herbs, spirulina, garlic and polenta ina bowl or flat plate.
- Add the zest of two lemons zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish, dip the fillets in the egg and coat them with the polenta mixture, pressing it on well.
- Heat a large frying pan, with your olive oil, over a high heat,
- When it is hot, add your fish.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook the fish for about 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with the lemon juice squeezed over the fish.