These Spanish Style Shrimp Fritters are perfect for a light lunch or as originally served in Spain as Tapa, an appetiser before dinner. They are light, not too fishy and so easy to make.
These shrimp fritters are popular throughout Spain but seem to be extremely popular around Cadiz.
Here is what you will need to make these Spanish style shrimp fritters.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Add flour to a bowl. Then make a well in the flour and add one egg. Beat together the egg. Slowly add 4 tablespoons of water to this mixture. Ensure that the mix is combined well.
Add the garlic, onion, paprika, salt, pepper and shrimp to the mixture and combine well.
Heat some oil in a frying pan and add spoonfuls of the shrimp fritter mixture to the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan or you'll have trouble getting the fritters out! Cook for around a minute and. half per side. Drain and serve.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes instead of paprika.
Spanish Style Shrimp Fritters Recipe
- 60 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 150 g packet shrimp
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add flour to a bowl. Then make a well in the middle of the flour and add 1 egg.
- Beat together the egg.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the flour/egg mixture and combine.
- Add the garlic and onion to the mixture and combine.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper and shrimp to the mix and combine.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add spoonfuls of the shrimp mixture to the frying pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for about a minute and a half each side.
- Drain on a paper towel.
I have no idea how long these ingredients will last or how long they will store in the fridge when cooked, as they were all eaten right away!
Serve with aioli and lemon wedges for added dreams of Spain.