tatties and tomaties
New potatoes in a salad are delicious, however, have you had a hot potato and tomato salad? Mix things up with browning the potatoes to add some crispiness. We used Isle of Wight tomatoes here and chucked in some leftover sweetcorn for another layer of colour.
Don’t freak about the anchovies, they add a layer of saltiness and oomph but without a full-blown fishy taste.
750g new potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 anchovies, roughly chopped
Handful of olives
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
250g tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Boil the potatoes until cooked through.
Remove from the heat and drain.
Cut each potato in half, or thirds if they are large.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the potatoes with the anchovies, olives and some salt and pepper.
When the potatoes are browned to your liking, add the garlic, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
Cook for a couple of more minutes.
Recipe : Hot potato and tomato salad
- 750 g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 anchovies roughly chopped
- Handful of olives
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 250 g tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Boil the potatoes until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Cut each potato in half, or thirds if they are large.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the potatoes with the anchovies, olives and some salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are browned, add the garlic, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for a couple of more minutes.
Come say hello on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter ❤️
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.