From the Lorraine region of France comes the Madeleine, a delicate small sponge cake with a dainty shell shape. Lighter than a sponge cake, this small cake is ideal for an afternoon treat.
- 2 eggs
- 120g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 60g caster sugar
- Place madeleine moulds into fridge to chill.
- Heat the milk, rosewater, vanilla and honey together gently until mixed together.
- Add eggs and sugar to a bowl and whisk together until they are frothy.
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- Add the milk mixture to the egg and sugar mix. Whisk in flour and baking powder then add cooled butter as well as the matcha powder.
- Let the mixture rest for half an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F/Gas 6
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Whisky Coffee, Haggis Crisps and more this Burns Night at Lidl - 16/01/2021
- Create tasty dishes at home with Six by Nico masterclasses - 14/01/2021
- Alston at home launches - 13/01/2021