Tipsy Laird Pudding will go well with your Burns Night celebrations, or any night when you fancy a cheeky pudding. This one has a pub flourish being served in a pint glass. That's the bonus of Tipsy laird, it can be as fancy looking as you want. Simple ingredients of sponge, Drambuie, cream and delicious raspberries, make this a favourite of mine.
Many thanks to Craft & Harbour Restaurant for supplying the recipe.
This recipe serves 6.
- 300 g of sponge cake halved and cut into thick slices
- 300 g of fresh raspberries
- 6 tbsp of Drambuie or Whisky
- 500 ml of double cream
- 500 ml of custard
- Handful of toasted flaked almonds to decorate
- Line the bottom of 6 glasses or serving bowls with sponge cake
- Keep 12 raspberries for decoration and divide the rest evenly between the glasses on top of sponge
- Add the Drambuie or Whisky over raspberries
- Spoon over custard in a thick layer
- Finish with a thick layer of cream (spoon in or use a piping bag)
- Decorate with almond flakes and raspberries