Matcha is more than just hipster green tea. It's a delicious ingredient to cook with as can be seen in "The Book of Matcha" by Teapigs. You can bake with it, cook savoury meals and it can be added to a variety of recipes due to its powder nature. This recipe for Raw Matcha Coconut Fudge can satisfy your sweet tooth and be a bit healthy as well.
Add some cocoa powder to the mix if you love chocolate, just remember to store in the fridge or freezer as coconut oil becomes liquid in a warm room.
Recipe: Raw Matcha Coconut Fudge
- 6 tablespoon coconut oil
- 175 g dessicated coconut
- 4-5 tablespoon agave syrup
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Line a small square cake tine with baking parchment.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Put the dessicated coconut, most of the syrup, vanilla, sea salt and matcha powder in a food processor or blender and blitz with the melted coconut oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Cut the fudge into squares and remove from the tin.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Come say hello