This French dish is a classic and rightly so with all the perfect ingredients - carbs and fat! The rich and tasty mix of crumbly potatoes and caramelised cheese makes this ideal winter food.
Use a floury potato for best results.
Recipe: Potato Dauphinoise
- 500 g Peeled potatoes thinly sliced
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 50 g Gruyere cheese grated (we used Comte)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Place the cream, milk and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook until just tender.
- Transfer to a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Come say hello