No churn ice cream is the easiest thing to make
You don't need an expensive ice cream maker to enjoy homemade ice cream, and let's face it homemade ice cream is a million times tastier than any tub you'll buy at the supermarket.
With this recipe, you don't need to invest in an ice cream maker, or take the ice cream out the freezer and batter away at it to make sure it sets properly. Use this quick recipe to put together a basic vanilla batch (or Matcha Green Tea as we did) and enjoy some creamy tasting home made no churn ice cream. Currys have the basic recipe here, as well as some ideas for making the ice cream extra naughty!
Recipe: Matcha Green Tea No Churn Ice Cream
- 4 free-range eggs separated
- 100 g of caster sugar
- 300 ml double cream
- a teaspoonful of vanilla extract
- Omit vanilla extract for Green Tea Ice Cream and add
- 2 tablespoons of Matcha Powder
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Slowly whisk in the caster sugar and keep whisking until the mixture is glossy.
- Fold the cream, egg yolks and vanilla essence (or omit and add Matcha powder) in so that they are all well combined.
- Move the mixture from the bowl into a freezer container (which could be anything such as a loaf tin, baking tray or Tupperware box)
- Cover with cling film before putting into a large fridge freezer drawer.
- Wait six hours (or until the so-good-it's-sinful stuff is solid).
- Pull from the freezer for a frozen treat!
- And this is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended!) Your homemade goody will work with a range of summery desserts from fresh fruit, to trifle, jelly and cream tarts.
Thank you to Currys for the recipe and the ingredients to make a summer treat!