Chocolatey Easter treat
After seeing these dinky Kit Kat bunnies in the shop, we had to make some Kit Kat Bunny Muffins. They are really cupcakes but I used a muffin tray so they are muffins - what is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake anyway?
(According to Nigella, the main difference is the type and amount of liquid in the batter and the mixing method. Cupcakes are usually made with sugar and butter is mixed together and then eggs are beaten in before adding the flour. Whereas muffins are usually made by mixing dry ingredients like flour and sugar together, separately mixing any liquid ingredients and then mixing the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Now we know!) So scratch the above they are indeed muffins.
This muffin has a secret ingredient, mini chocolate eggs inside the delicious chocolate sponge. You may have to
Tips to make the perfect Kit Kat Bunny Muffins
- Buy mini Malteser eggs - they will fit into the muffins better
- Freeze the mini Malteaser eggs before using them. This will prevent the eggs from melting into the sponge too much.
How to make Kit Kat Bunny Muffins
Start by preheating your oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
Then line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Then stir to combine thoroughly.
Add to the bowl, eggs, milk and sunflower oil. You might need some more milk here to think the mixture to more of a batter. Probably a couple of tablespoons.
Divide the mixture between the cases and then push a mini Malteser egg into each muffin.
Bake for around 15-20 mins or until the muffins pass the clean skewer test.
Leave to cool completely.
Using a nozzle of your choice, pipe the icing onto the muffins. Add your Kit Kat bunny and sprinkles, if desired.
or head on over to our Full Recipe Index
More Easter Treats can be found here
Kit Kat Bunny Muffins
- 225 g self-raising flour sifted
- 6 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 m milk
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 packets of kit kat bunnies
- 2 packets mini malteaser eggs
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add to the bowl, eggs, milk and sunflower oil.
- Mix well, you might need to add some more milk to create a batter, this depends on the size of eggs you have used.
- Divide the mixture between the cases.
- Push a mini Malteaser egg into each muffin.
- Bake for around 15-20 mins or until the muffins pass the clean skewer test.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Using a nozzle of your choice, pipe the icing onto the muffins.
You can also subscribe to Foodie Explorers to keep up to date with all new recipes.
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😘
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.