Recipe: Leek and Pea Risotto
- • 200g arborio rice
- • 1 leek, finely chopped
- • 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- • A little olive oil
- • A glug of white wine
- • 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- • A large handful of frozen peas
- • A small knob of butter
- • A large handful of parmesan cheese, grated
- Fry the leek and garlic together in a little olive oil.
- Once the leek is translucent add the rice and stir until it has been coated with oil.
- Adde wine and cook until it has been absorbed.
- Repeat this process with the stock.
- Once the rice has become soft, but retains a little bite, add the peas and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Stir in the butter and parmesan and remove from the heat.
- Pop a lid on and allow it to stand for 2-3 minutes.