As part of the World Marmalade Awards and working with Mackays Jams, we worked some magic into a prawn dip which was handy as I had an urge for some prawn katsu and not having a car, and being too lazy to get the bus along to Silverburn to see who could make me some, I made my own!
A really simple recipe which took about 25 mins to make in total.
- 3 tablespoons Orange marmalade (we used Mackays Jams Vintage Dundee Marmalade)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons katsu breadcrumbs
- 20 prawns
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Place marmalade and Thai sweet chili sauce in a small pan
- Heat and mix until bubbling.
- Add lemon juice.
- Salt and Pepper your prawns.
- In three bowls prepare one with flour, one with the egg, and one with the breadcrumbs.
- Dunk each prawn with the flour, then dip them dip into the egg.
- Then press the prawn into the breadcrumbs mix and sprinkle on top as well.
- Heat your oil in a heavy pan.
- Fry the prawns in batches,.
- Serve with spicy orange sauce.