Fed up with carrot and coriander? Add some creaminess to the mix with some coconut milk.
Recipe: Carrot, Ginger and Coconut Soup
- 2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 800 g carrots peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp peeled and finely chopped root ginger
- 824 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander sorry but it goes well!
- Pour 3tbsp of sunflower oil into a large saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic.
- Cover with a lid and sweat for until,the onions have softened.
- Add carrots and ginger, then cover again with the lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for two to three minutes.
- Remove from the heat and liquidise the soup.
- Place back on the hob and heat through again.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.