Erase part of the sprout hate this Christmas and serve up some Brussels Sprouts Pakora. Use the sprouts whole or shredded and add a chopped onion to the mix for a more Bhaji like snack. If shredding, you don’t need to pre-cook the sprouts. Add a chopped onion and shredded sprouts to the batter mix along with the fresh coriander and chillis. If you don’t have chillis, chilli powder will do.
- Brussels Sprouts - as many as you think you can eat
- 128g chick pea flour (Gram Flour)
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 chilies, chopped (seeds and heat of chilli to your taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place sprouts onto cook - 5 mins steam.
- Add to a large bowl, add sieved flour, baking powder, and spice.
- Add enough water to make a pancake like batter.
- Whisk well.
- Add sprouts, chilli and coriander to bowl.
- Heat fryer or saucepan with oil.
- Add a tablespoon of mix at a time to the oil.
- Don't add too many or you will end up with greasy pakora.
- Fry until golden.
Show Comments (1)