Tickle them tastebuds at the first in a series of brand new offKILTR food festivals. The Glasgow Street Feastival takes place at the Barras Art and Design Centre (BAAD) in Glasgow on the 20th and 21st July.
Summer 2013 is going to be pretty, pretty tasty! KILTR’s new events arm, offKILTR, host our first Glasgow Street Feastival events during two weekends over the summer season. We kick things off on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July, and then return on the 17th and 18th August for a second bite of the street feastival cherry!
Located in the heart of the legendary Barras Market in Glasgow’s East End under the stunning glass roof of the Barras Art and Design Centre, we welcome you to a celebration of food, music and culture from 4pm till 11pm across four evenings.
Expect an exciting pop-up experience with a wide range of stalls provided by a selection of the finest Glasgow culinary institutions coupled with a very impressive array of new kids on the block.
Here’s a little taster of who’ll be joining us on our culinary celebration as well!
– Sea food delights with The Finnieston
– A taste of Vietnam with the Hanoi Bike Shop
– A gourmet selection of Scottish cuisine with Stravaigin
– Kimchi Cult, a London based Korean-Style fast food
– Indian flavours with Babu Bombay Street Kitchen
– Caribbean style celebrations with Babylon Roots Kitchen
– Selection of smoked favourites from Smokey and the Bandit
– A pop-up cocktail bar, craft beer bar and The Chip Wine Club
– A Dear Green Coffee Roasters stall
A team of well-known and respected local DJs will provide a chilled and sunny, global soundtrack to enjoy these two weekends of culinary celebration. Harri, David Barbarossa, Andrew Divine, Pro Vinylist Karim, Esa, Ewan Chambers and Andy from Racket Racket will be supplying the sounds. In addition to that, super-talented local designer, Aimee Kent will also have a pop-up eco-fashion lifestyle and clothing range on offer at the events too.
Keep an eye on KILTR Street Feastival group for additional information over the coming weeks.
The event is totally free to get in and we promise the prices of food and drink will reflect the ‘street festival’ ethos and vibe. It’s a family (friendly) affair too, children of 15 and under are more than welcome to join in the fun till 10pm.
Hope to see some of you on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July at the Barras Art and Design Centre for the launching of a very tasty summer! The exact address is 54 Calton Entry, Glasgow, G40 2SB but if you make your way to the Barras market, from any entrance, you can’t miss it. BAAD is the big black building in the centre of the market place.
For the tweeters among you, use our hashtag on the run-up to and during the feastival: #streetfeastival
- The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant Opening this Summer - 09/04/2021
- Lemon and Tomato Fish - 08/04/2021
- Paisley Food & Drink Festival goes online for 2021 - 07/04/2021