Oysters are renowned for their aphrodisiac qualities so are ideal for romantic meal in this Valentines Day. Don’t spend all your evening slaving away in the kitchen. The granita can be made days before and kept frozen. Some oysters, fizz and candles…. sorted!
We used oysters from Coast and Glen, great guys there.
Recipe: Bloody Mary Granita Oysters
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 250 ml vodka
- 4 dashes hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 150 ml lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dozen fresh oysters scrubbed
- Puree tomatoes and juice, vodka, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and 250ml water in a blender.
- Pour into a freezable dish.
- Chill in freezer, scraping every 30 minutes with fork, until frozen, 2 to 3 hours.
- Shuck oysters, leaving them on the half shell.
- Arrange on a bed of crushed ice.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon granita, and serve immediately
Shucking oysters is not fun, however the folk at Great British Chefs have an easy to follow video.