Recipe: Asparagus Cream Pasta
- One bunch of Asparagus
- 142ml tub double cream
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 250g tagliatelle
- Trim the woody ends from Asparagus and cut the tips away from the stalks. Keep the tips and stalks separate. In a small saucepan bring the cream and garlic to the boil. Take off the heat and out to the aide.
- Cook the stalks in boiling water for about 4-5 mins until tender, drain, then tip into the cream with the grated parmesan. Blend until smooth,
- Cook the pasta according to your taste, then add the tips a couple of mons before the end of cooking time.
- Gently reheat the cream, drain pasta.
- Top with parmesan shavings and serve