A quick marinade using spices from my Scotia Spice pack and left to infuse for half an hour whilst I dyed my hair. Easy! This isn’t a hot dish (the noodles from Markie Sparkies were spicier) so add more chilli for a kick. The taste here is fragrant and pleasantly warming. Would make a good lunch as well as a quick evening dish.
- 4 fresh mackerel fillets
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Wash and dry the mackerel fillets.
- To make the marinade, add garlic and ginger in a pestle and mortar and grind until pureed.
- Fry the dried spices over a low heat until you can smell them.
- Add these to your pestle with lemon juice and mix.
- Brush the marinade all over the fillets and leave to marinade for at least half an hour..
- Pre-heat your grill
- Place foil onto the tray and add the fish.
- Cook under a hot grill for approx 3 mins each side.
- Serve with salad, noodles, rice anything!
Show Comments (0)