5pm booking website have brought out a Christmas recipe book. The book features Christmas recipes from Glasgow and Edinburgh restaurants and can be downloaded for free from their website – http://www.5pm.co.uk/christmas-recipe-book/
We liked the sound of the Scallop and Black Pudding Salad by Chef Eddie Shaw of The Pipers Tryst in Glasgow, so we gave it a go!
We substituted cucumber and tomatoes for salad, as we didn’t have any. Crisp and fluffy potatoes with moist black pudding and tender scallop. Even Fred waited by for a sneaky piece of scallop.
- 1 freshly cooked potato, sliced into 5 slices
- 5 slices of Ramsay of Carluke black pudding
- 1 rasher of Ayrshire bacon cooked and chopped
- Small mixed salad
- A few onion slices and a few cucumber slices
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Salad dressing
- 5 Loch Fyne scallops
- Fresh lemon juice
- Heat 2 pans and put 2 tablespoons of oil in each.
- Fry slices of black pudding in one pan and slices of
- potato in the other pan.
- Season potato slices with salt and keep turning until they are crispy.
- Keep turning black pudding slices until they are crispy.
- Lightly season the scallops with salt.
- Grill fried potato and black pudding slices and bacon for a few minutes.
- Put salad leaves, a few slices of onion, a few slices of cucumber in a bowl and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Fry scallops in a hot pan with two tablespoons of oil. Always put in clockwise so you remember which ones went in first.
- Fry on one side for 2 minutes then turn
- Place around 1.5 tbsp of butter in the centre then place the pan under the grill for a minute.
- Place potato slices on a plate with the black pudding
- slices on top.
- Dod balsamic glaze in between each potato and black pudding.
- Take the scallops out of the grill and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Spoon the scallops from the pan and place on top of the dods of balsamic.
- Place the salad in the centre, place the chopped bacon on top, and serve.
Show Comments (0)