Keep warm and cosy with this easy Winter warming soup
It's the weather for this Chicken and Rice Soup. Not only is it a perfect weeknight meal but its quick to make, full of veggies and chicken and flavours from the Thyme is
Feeling down in the dumps, cold, or just needing a comforting lift, this Easy Chicken and Rice Soup is the soup for you. When you are looking for something comforting and filling but not unhealthy and bad. If you are looking for something substantial but can't be bothered sorting out a big meal, pull a tub of this out of the freezer.
Add as much chicken as you wish. I used leftover chicken from a previous meal. You could also use rotisserie or pre-packed chicken.
Easy Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1000 ml chicken stock or broth
- 175 g long grain white rice
- 250 g shredded cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook, stirring, for around 5 mins or until the vegetables are softene.
- but not browned.
- Add chicken broth to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the rice and chicken.
- Cook on medium low until the rice is tender, about 25 mins.