Celebrate National Chocolate Week with some Baileys Chocolat Luxe Truffles
These truffles are easy to make and a good gift idea or weekend treat. Just don't eat them all at once, especially if you are driving! Try flavours such as bourbon, Grand Marnier, coconut rum or the zest and juice of an orange.
Start by melting your chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of water (I used 90% dark chocolate as Mr Foodie prefers the strong stuff!).
Then add the melted butter and cream mix to the chocolate.
Chill for two hours. Remove from the fridge and roll the chocolate into balls, covering with your chosen decoration e.g. desiccated coconut (Mr Foodie liked this best), chocolate strands/shavings or perhaps cocoa powder.
Recipe: Baileys Chocolate Luxe Truffles
- 300 g good-quality dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 300 ml pot double cream
- 50 g unsalted butter
- Chop the chocolate and tip into a large bowl.
- Put the cream and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts and the cream simmers.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over the melted chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together.
- Add any flavourings.
- Cool and chill for at least 4 hrs.
- Remove from fridge.
- Roll the truffles between your palms.
- Coat your truffles immediately after shaping.