The Grant Arms is a bit of a special pub in that it is one of two remaining buildings (the other being the Rennie Mackintosh Hotel) from the village of Grahamston (Alston Bar & Beef is named after one of the streets here.)
Grahamston vanished beneath the foundations of Glasgow Central Station more than 100 years ago. The whole village was demolished in the late 1800s and early 1900s to make way for the Caledonian Railway Central Station.
The building doesn't seem to have changed much above the pub, however looking at the 1930's image we can see that it was heavily influenced by the Art Deco style of the time. Some suave looking chaps hanging about too
The bar sells a selection of spirits, whiskies as well as having Guinness, Tennents,Caledonian Best, Coors and Strongbow on tap.
Inside was like a function hall. Large tables for eating and drinking on, we spied a 2 course lunch for £3.95 - will be back to check that out! (Or have you been? Let us know what it's like)
Price were cheap, especially for the city centre, needing some care but the place was clean and the staff friendly.