A winter veggie warmer
This recipe is a simple and easy way to use potatoes that look impressive and taste delicious. Using three ingredients that are easily included in your weekly shopping list.
An easy-bake dish which is ideal for sharing, accompanied by a robust salad or as a side dish to roast meats – lamb, chicken, pork.
The addition of the parmesan cheese gives the potato bake an Italian-style flavour plus the winter herb sage provides a strong aromatic flavour.
Sage is a very undervalued herb – generally considered to be used in stuffings. Make this herb centre stage – fresh chopped leaves used in sauces, butter or even use as a tea infusion for a relaxing cuppa.
Try this delicious recipe.
6 small/medium-sized floury potatoes
6-8 sage leaves
150-200g grated Parmesan cheese
Extra virgin oil
- Wash and peel potatoes. Place in warm water for a few minutes then pat dry. Slice into medium-size slices. Places slices on a flat lined roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Place in the centre of a medium oven and roast for 40-50 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
At the same time
- Grate your hard block of parmesan cheese. Using
slightly damp hands form the cheese into small round shapes
(approximately 6-8 rounds). Place rounds on an oiled, lined
baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted
into a small biscuit-shaped form. Leave to cool.
- Time to construct your finished dish. Place baked potato rounds in
a cake baking tin with alternate parmesan rounds (having been
carefully removed from the baking parchment with a palette
- Finally wash the sage leaves and sprinkle them over the potato
Bake for a few minutes and season to taste. Place in a moderate oven for 5-7 minutes to complete roasting and crisp the sage leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Looks impressive and tastes delicious!