Tastes of Summer with Sumac flavoured Quinoa
We haven't had the best of summers in Scotland so cheer up with some colour and some sweet sumac. This dish works really well with fish, esp salmon as well as lamb burgers (which we will have a recipe for next).
The quinoa makes for a lighter accompaniment than rice.
Recipe: Herby Quinoa
- 200 g quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 spring onions trimmed and finely chopped
- ½ cucumber cut into small dice
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small handful parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1 small handful coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 small handful of mint leaves finely chopped.
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, drain the quinoa.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and zest and stir through.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients.