A simple salad of marinaded cherry tomatoes that you will find across Eastern Europe. Perfect with cheese, cold meat or anywhere you would like a pickle taste.
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 300ml of vinegar. This is not the time to use chip shop vinegar. Organic cider vinegar is my favourite, but any decent vinegar will do.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut each half way through on one side. This will allow the vinegar to penetrate.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl or container and cover with your choice of vinegar.
- Leave for at least 2 hours before eating. Overnight is ok. The longer you leave them the softer they will become.
- Remember... these are not pickled tomatoes so they won't last forever!
- The vinegar will do more than one batch of tomatoes, so don’t throw it away. So long as it still has a good acidic tang it is ok to use.
- Mixing in a little balsamic vinegar will give a sweeter taste.
- Make up the vinegar the day before adding a bay leaf or a garlic clove, or even some chilli for extra kick.