THE 2022 SPECIAL RELEASES WHISKY COLLECTION
Diageo has unveiled its hotly anticipated Elusive Expressions Special Releases Scotch Whisky Collection , and if you are a whisky lover you will be waiting for this. Hand-selected by Master Blender Dr. Craig Wilson, this unusual collection of eight aged and finely finished whiskies delivers rarity, flavour and fantasy to capture the curiosity of today’s whisky explorers.
Elusive Expressions is the latest chapter in Special Releases where mythical beasts are unleased through striking artwork and stories. Illustrator Ken Taylor returns this year with his signature style and is joined by fellow digital visualisation artist Kevin Tong.
The collection includes:
- The dark, sweet, and rich Mortlach, with gingery depth, unique to the Speyside Dufftown distillery
- A lively sweet expression of The Singleton of Glen Ord, aged in refill American and European Oak, then double matured in wine-seasoned casks
- A true expression of Lagavulin, matured in a combination of virgin oak casks and our smokiest reserves
- Talisker 11-Year-Old, elemental yet also classic in character with maritime malty smokiness notes
- An unusual Clynelish with just a slight trace of waxiness and added sweetness and spiciness from a maturation in refill American Oak, then finished in PX/Oloroso seasoned casks
- A rare expression of Cardhu, finished in Jamaican Rum casks for a vibrant tropical sweetness
- The creamy smooth Oban 10-Year-Old with richly sweet fruitiness, light smoke and salt notes
- And for the first time ever, the rich and exquisite Cameronbridge 26-Year-Old
The 2022 Special Releases collection is available now in limited quantities from specialist Scotch whisky retailers and malts.com