Easy to make Sweetcorn Fritters Recipe
A quick lunch or simple summer dinner, these sweetcorn fritters look harmless but pack a punch with the addition of some warming chilli.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, making a well in the centre for the eggs. Add the eggs and half the milk. Beat until smooth, then gradually whisk in the remaining milk until you get a thick batter. Fold in the corn, spring onions, chilli, lime juice, feta and herbs.
Add around two tablespoons of mixture to a medium frying pan and cook until brown, flip over and heat until cooked throughout.
Serve with tomatoes and salad for a light meal.
- 450g sweetcorn
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1 tbsp each chopped basil and parsley
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- juice ½ lime
- 25g feta cheese, crumbled
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, half the milk.
- Beat until smooth, then gradually whisk in the remaining milk.
- Fold in the corn, spring onions, chilli, lime juice, feta and herbs.
- Heat and lightly oil a heavy-based frying pan.
- Drop 2-3 heaped tbsp of the mixture into the pan and fry over a medium heat until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
Show Comments (0)