Chocolate and Guinness make these cupcakes moist and delicious. Ideal for a Father's Day gift as well as to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
Easy to make. These take around 15 mins prep as well as 25 mins to bake so a quick and simple present.
Recipe: St Patrick’s Day Guinness Cupcakes
- 250 ml Guinness
- 250 g Butter
- 400 g Golden caster sugar
- 2 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 140 ml Buttermilk
- 280 g Plain white flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- For the icing
- 50 g Butter
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 125 g Cream cheese full fat
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan, gas mark 3)
- Line cupcake tine with 12 cases.
- Pour Guinness into a saucepan.
- Add butter, heat gently and stir until the butter has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder and sugar.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl add vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Add this mixture to saucepan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
- Add saucepan contents to large bowl.
- Mix well using an electric whisk. i
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases
- Bake for approx 25 mins.
- Remove cakes from the oven.
- Leave the cakes on a cooling wire to cool completely.
- Mix together the butter and icing sugar .
- Add cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon onto top of cakes.