Slow cooker pulled pork - perfect half time snack
Mr Foodie wanted to show off his cooking skills and make a dish that would go well with a beer for a half time feed during the Euro 2016 games. Pulled pork is very easy to make, it's just how long it takes to make it that causes the problems! With a slow cooker you can put it on to cook, go off and do your things in the house, and have dinner ready later. Sorted!
You can find lots of pork recipes at Specially Selected Pork.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1.6 - 2 kg of boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 150 ml BBQ sauce
- 75 ml cider vinegar
- 125 ml water
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tblsp ground cumin
- 2 tblsp paprika I used sweet smoked
- 1 tblsp Chilli Flakes or to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the slow cooker on high for 20 mins
- Brush bottom of slow cooker with oil
- Untie pork shoulder and trim fat and skin (Keep for making some pork cracking)
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry onion and garlic until soft
- Mix other ingredients in a jug
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker
- Add garlic and onions
- Pour over sauce
- Cover with lid and cook for 7 hours or until tender.
- Shred the pork and leave to stand for ten mins in the cooking juices.
- Serve on rolls with coleslaw.