The Honours at Malmaison held a night to get to know Martin Wishart as well as experience behind the scenes. There have been previous events like this where you get to taste some wine, learn to cook with Martin and then relax over some lunch. A perfect day for a foodie.
After some cocktails in the funky Mal Bar, we made our way through the restaurant to the kitchen
The kitchen was buzzing with staff filling orders for the restaurant, luckily we had a section to ourselves to take part in making some dishes.
We were all out at ease by Martin as he explained the ingredients and what he was going to show us what to make, then he asked for a helper. Our foodie assistant was in there quick to show off her skills, and Govan patter!
It was all hands to the pans in the kitchen. This dish was a quick and simple one to make. It sounded complicated but it wasn’t at all.
Plated up, it looked delicious and it certainly did taste delish.
You can make this dish at home by using the recipe below.
- 100g spicy cooking chorizo, thinly sliced
- 30 fresh cockles, washed under cold running water
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 x 160g portions of monkfish fillet, lightly dusted with plain flour
- 125ml dry white wine
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 50g unsalted butter
- place a pan and heat up olive oil over a moderate heat.
- Once the oil has warmed up, add the chorizo and fry until the fat begins to run out.
- move the chorizo to the side of the pan.
- Turn up the heat, add the monkfish and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add the cockles, tomatoes and wine, place the lid on top and reduce to a medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook the fish.
- Transfer the fish and any open cockles on to warm plates.
- Increase the heat under the pan, add the parsley and butter and simmer, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Once the butter has melted and all the cockles have opened, divide the remaining cockles and sauce between the warm plates and serve immediately.
- Promoted stories
Find out more about Malmaison Events by clicking HERE.
To book a meal in The Honours, click HERE.