Bertolli Pasta Cones
We received some Bertolli pasta cones and Bertolli with Butter to try out. The shapes are ideal for making an alternative to cannelloni, and a lot easier to fill with the closed end! This is an easy and simple dish to make that looks tasty and is delicious and filling as well.
They are shaped just like waffle ice cream cones. My only problem with them was that they were very sticky in the packet. It was hard to remove them from each other. Although, the beetroot ones seemed to be OK to remove.
As you can see the finished dish looks very filling, and it is. This dish serves 6.
I didn't have any Ricotta cheese in the house, so went a bit more savory by using Feta. Still a creamy cheese, but salty so don't use salt if substituting with Feta. I used a full packet of Feta cheese.
Recipe: Bertolli Baked Pasta Cones filled with Mozzarella, Ricotta and Basil with Tomato Sauce
- 20 large multi-coloured Bertollini pasta cones
- 30 g Bertolli with Butter plus extra for dotting
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 x 400 g tins of chopped plum tomatoes
- handful of basil finely chopped
- 200 g ricotta
- 150 g mozzarella finely chopped
- 20 g grated Parmesan plus extra for topping
- A handful basil leaves finely chopped
- a little salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade (fan oven).
- Melt butter in a pan and sweat onion, garlic and celery on a medium heat for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes with a little water
- Add basil, a little salt, cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place in a piping bag and fill each pasta cone.
- Line an ovenproof dish (large enough to fit the cones) with about half of the tomato sauce. Arrange filled pasta cones over and spoon remaining tomato sauce on top and some grated Parmesan, dot with Butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to rest for a couple of minutes, then serve.
The pasta cones can be purchased online from Delicatezza.