British Gems Potato and leek tortilla
These British Gems Baby New Potatoes are just the perfect size for a summertime tortilla. Cook a bundle (technical term there 😂) of potatoes and any left over can be used for this tortilla or use whole for a delicious potato salad.
I used Sainsbury’s British Gems Baby New Potatoes, from the Taste the Difference range. They are available in Sainsbury’s until the end of August. for this recipe. Their thin skin means that you don’t need to peel them, so keeping all the good nutrients in. The hold well in a tortilla with a sweet and buttery taste.
This recipe suits a 14cm pan, which is enough for one hungry person or two for lunch/dinner.
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 leek, chopped
Handful of British Gem Baby Potatoes, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
Add the potatoes and leeks sauté them until they are soft.
Add the eggs and basil.
Stir around the pan until the eggs begin to set.
Turn the tortilla over and cook until cooked through.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- Handful of British Gems Potatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and leeks sauté them until they are soft.
- Add the eggs and basil.
- Stir around the pan until the eggs begin to set.
- Turn the tortilla over and cook until cooked through.
* This Post has been sponsored by Sainsbury’s. Fred sez his hoomans loved the baby potatoes, he wasn’t so keen.