A quick and easy decadent-looking addition to the tea table. We used fresh Scotty Brand strawberries in these strawberry and cream puff slices, which we sliced and placed on top of some Chantilly cream for these strawberry and cream puff slices. See if you can resist picking up another.
This was inspired by my strawberry tart recipe on this site, but with less work involved!
- puff pastry block
- double cream
- icing sugar
- vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted) gas mark 7
Roll out ready made pastry
Cut pasty in half.
Then cut into half again.
Keep cutting in halves, until you get 16 slices of pastry.
Bake until golden.
Remove the pastry from the oven and leave to cool. Whilst cooling, wash and slice the strawberries and make the Chantilly cream.
Add cream to a large bowl, add icing sugar and vanilla and beat until soft peaks. We cut the pastry slices in half, as they had puffed up well. Pipe cream onto each slice then lay sliced strawberries on top, and then place another layer of puff pastry on top.
Strawberry and Cream Puff Slice
- 1 Puff pastry block
- 300 ml whipped double cream
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted) gas mark 7
- . Roll out pastry.
- . Cut into 16 slices
- . Place onto baking tray and prick with a fork
- . Bake until golden brown (about 10 mins)
- . Remove from oven and leave to cool
- . Wash and slice strawberries
- . Make Chantilly Cream.
- . Add cream to a large bowl.
- . Add icing sugar and vanilla.
- . Beat until soft or firm peaks.
- . If your slices have puffed up a lot you can slice them in half.
- . Pipe cream onto each slice.
- . Lay slices of strawberry on top.
- . Top with layer of puff pasty.