Strawberry cream puffs are a quick and easy recipe to make and are a decadent-looking addition to the afternoon tea table. Fresh fruit, buttery puff pastry and fresh whipped cream are the delicious ingredients for this simple dessert. We used Scotty Brand fresh strawberries in these strawberry and cream puff slices, which we sliced and placed on top of some Chantilly cream. See if you can resist picking up another.
This was inspired by my strawberry tart recipe on this site, but with less work involved and with the addition of a delicious whipped cream filling!
Full recipe for Strawberries and Whipped Cream Puff Slices
- 1 puff pastry block
- 300ml double cream
- 30g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries
- parchment paper
- egg wash
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted) gas mark 7
Roll out ready-made pastry, and keep the puff pastry on the parchment paper.
Cut the puff pastry in half.
Then cut into half again.
Keep cutting in halves, until you get 16 puff pastry rectangles
Wash the pastry with egg wash and bake the puff pastry until golden brown.
Remove the pastry from the oven and leave to cool. Whilst cooling, wash and slice the sweet strawberries and make the whipped cream filling.
Add cream to a large bowl, add icing sugar and vanilla, and beat until soft peak. We cut the pastry slices in half, as they had puffed up far too well. Pipe the whipping cream mixture onto each slice of puff pastry and then lay sliced strawberries on top. Place the other layer of puff pastry on top. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar. These should keep for a few days in an airtight container, however, they have never lasted this long!
Enjoy your freshly made strawberries and whipped cream puff slices.
Strawberry and Cream Puff Slice
- 1 Puff pastry block
- 300 ml whipped double cream
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted) gas mark 7
- . Roll out pastry.
- . Cut into 16 slices
- . Place onto baking tray and prick with a fork
- . Bake until golden brown (about 10 mins)
- . Remove from oven and leave to cool
- . Wash and slice strawberries
- . Make Chantilly Cream.
- . Add cream to a large bowl.
- . Add icing sugar and vanilla.
- . Beat until soft or firm peaks.
- . If your slices have puffed up a lot you can slice them in half.
- . Pipe cream onto each slice.
- . Lay slices of strawberry on top.
- . Top with layer of puff pasty.