Full of flavour Banana and Pecan Load – perfect for afternoon tea
When an afternoon cuppa needs something a little more decadent, or if you forgot about those bananas in the fruit bowl, this banana and pecan loaf will surely hit the spot. We added a drizzle of brown butter (also known as beurre noisette) – if you haven’t made this before, click here for how to make brown butter.
Recipe for Banana and Pecan Loaf
225g Self Raising Flour
1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of Salt
110g Brown Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
450g Bananas, peeled and mashed
75g Pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 160 fan, 180 conventional, gas 4.
Grease and line the base of a 2lb loaf tin.
Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, add the eggs gradually.
Stir in the flour, bananas and pecans.
Place the mixture into the greased tin.
Add pecans to the top of the mixture.
Bake for around 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Some brown butter drizzled on the top of this banana and pecan loaf gives it some extra oomf.
Place the pieces of butter in your light-coloured pan. (This makes it easier to see the colour change)
Turn the heat to medium. Medium heat ensures the butter cooks evenly.
Begin stirring to move the butter around as it melts.
Once melted, the butter will begin to foam and sizzle around the edges.
In about 5-8 minutes from when you started (depending on the amount of butter you used), the butter will turn golden brown.
The foam will slightly subside and the milk solids on the bottom of the pan will toast.
Remove immediately from the heat and pour the butter into a heat-proof bowl.
It will smell intensely buttery, nutty, and rich.
Banana and Pecan Loaf
- 225 g Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 75 g Butter
- 110 g Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 450 g Bananas peeled and mashed
- 75 g Pecans chopped
- 25 g Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 160 fan, 180 conventional, gas 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, add the eggs gradually.
- Stir in the flour, bananas and pecans.
- Place the mixture into the greased tin.
- Add pecans to the top of the mixture.
- Bake for around 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Pin the image below to keep