in association with Heineken® 0.0 and Ceder’s distilled non-alcoholic alt-gin
Club Soda is bringing its Mindful Drinking Festival to Scotland for the first time this October.
The Mindful Drinking Festival will give the visitor the opportunity to taste the new wave of alcohol-free drinks hitting the market: alcohol-free beers, spirits, and a host of drinks invented by radical alchemists – kombuchas, shrubs and elixirs.
The Mindful Drinking Festival in association with Heineken® 0.0 and Ceder’s distilled non-alcoholic alt-gin will feature over 30 brands from Scotland and across the UK. Looking to highlight a range of inspiring alcohol-free drinks. From the sober curious and parents-to-be to foodies and fitness fanatics there’s bound to a drink to try.
The festival which has free admission will also feature:
- An opportunity to meet Willem van Waesberghe, Heineken’s Global Master Brewer from Amsterdam
- Leading local venues, mixologists and drinks producers showcasing Scotland’s best alcohol-free drinks
- Beer tastings, cocktail masterclasses, and competitions for local bartenders
- How to mix the perfect alcohol-free gin or spirit
- Live music & street food
- An exhibition about the history of Scotland’s love affair with alcohol, featuring funny clips and more sobering images, curated by Drink Wise, Age Well – the Glasgow-based, National Lottery funded programme that helps the over 50s make healthier choices about alcohol
- Workshops and talks on mindful drinking, again, in collaboration with Drink Wise, Age Well
Club Soda co-founder Laura Willoughby MBE said: “When we launched our first festival in London last year, we immediately got requests from our members and organisations in Glasgow to bring the event to Scotland. So we have!
“The most common request we get is for ideas about what to drink instead of alcohol, so we have curated our favourites, and created an event for everyone. The festival is great for those going sugar-free, on a fitness regime, drinking more mindfully, or going alcohol-free. There are many reasons why people may want to swap out a few alcoholic drinks for something a bit healthier.”
Willem van Waesberghe, HEINEKEN’s Global Master Brewer, said: “We’re really proud to be leading the trend for alcohol-free drinks and to be a major part of this great festival. There is now more choice than ever, and the beauty is with Heineken® 0.0 now you can enjoy a beer at any time of day.
“We know festival-goers will be delighted and surprised by the range of drinks on offer and they will have time to enjoy a moment with Heineken® 0.0 at our pop-up bar right in the heart of Glasgow.”
Saturday 13th October
12 pm to 6 pm
The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow, G1 5HZ