Pakora using Christmas Leftovers
Another use for Christmas leftovers, pakora! We've made Brussels sprout pakora before and this year we are having parsnip pakora, carrot pakora and Babybel cheese pakora!
I chopped the veggies into chunks but you can also cut into smaller pieces for a mixed veg style.
128g chickpea flour (Gram Flour)
1 tablespoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
Leftover vegetables. We had parsnips and some spongy looking carrots lying about so in they went.
Babybel cheese - cut in half for bite sized pieces.
To a bowl add spices and enough water to make a pancake-like batter.
Add vegetables and Babybel cheese.
Heat fryer or saucepan with oil.
Add a tablespoon of the mix at a time to the oil.
Don't add too many or you will end up with greasy pakora.
Fry until golden.
We had our pakora with some Crofters Larder Picalilli we brought back from Arran to keep that Christmas feel going.
Christmas Leftover Pakora
- 128 g chickpea flour Gram Flour
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Leftover vegetables. We had parsnips and some spongy looking carrots lying about so in they went.
- Babybel cheese - cut in half for bite sized pieces.
- To a bowl add spices and enough water to make a pancake-like batter.
- Add vegetables and sliced babybel cheese.
- Heat fryer or saucepan with oil.
- Add a tablespoon of the mix at a time to the oil.
- Don't add too many or you will end up with greasy pakora.
- Fry until golden.
An easy way to save, organize and share recipes in a central recipe box - Yum
Head on over to our Full Recipe Index
You can also subscribe to Foodie Explorers to keep up to date with all new recipes.
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😘
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.