‘Pimp up your Picnic’ this summer with Crabbie’s Ginger Beer
Crabbie’s is taking a fresh look at al fresco eating and drinking this summer with a celebration of the refreshing flavours of its legendary Crabbies Ginger Beer and thinking about how to enjoy a good picnic.
Move over flask tea and soggy egg sandwiches and think of a sparkling tastebud smacking picnic.
There is a reason why the term “lashings of ginger beer” are so right for summer and picnics. Crabbies have a range which includes Original, Rhubarb, Raspberry and Strawberry and Lime ginger beers are delicious served straight from the bottle or over ice with a slice of lime, whilst their new Original Alcohol-Free beer offers an option for those looking for low or no alcohol options.
We enjoyed some Crabbies alongside some snacks for a cool break during Edinburgh Fringe, bliss.
Crabbie’s teamed up with blogger Pippa Perriam for tips on a modern picnic
- Go global – when it comes to picnic food, the world is your oyster. Consider hosting a themed picnic with a spread inspired by your favourite holiday destination. Some Spanish picnic tapas, a Mexican feast, or even some delicious local fayre to offer a taste of your hometown, this works especially well if you are hosting for friends from outside the area. Another option is to host a colour-themed picnic, each person brings a dish of their selected colour (matching outfits of course encouraged!)
- Head to the Coast – why not enjoy some world-class seafood either enjoyed sat on a pier or a beach with sandy toes. And don’t forget some throw blankets, to wrap around your shoulders at sundown.
- Savour Street Food – the UK’s street food scene is fantastic and you can find markets in most major cities – The Pitt in Edinburgh, The Big Feed in Glasgow and Bristol’s weekly market at St Nicholas’ Market. Grab a dish to takeaway and enjoy in your favourite city spot and save on the cooking.
- Set the mood – create a picnic playlist on your ipad – think relaxing Ibiza sunshine vibes, or a festival playlist to remember great times. You could even ask friends to suggest their favourite summer anthem in advance to create a talking point on the day.
- Perfect your presentation – because not all picnicware is created equal! When it comes to what to sit on, often a water-resistant underside is a must! However, preventing soggy bottoms aside, it’s worth going a little ‘extra’ for a beautiful boho vibe. Think pretty quilts, blankets or mats that you have at home, if you don’t want to get these dirty, drape them over your waterproof rug. If you are driving to your spot, then why not bring some striking scatter cushions for people to lounge on, think colour, comfort and creativity! And if you are going ‘all out’ two wooden pallets stacked together, covered with a lovely tablecloth or scarf
- Forget the flask – lashings of ginger beer have long been deemed the perfect accompaniment to a summer picnic and with Crabbie’s, drinkers get all the refreshment and flavour – but with a grown-up dash of alcohol. Its range of Original, Rhubarb, Raspberry and Strawberry and Lime ginger beers are delicious served straight from the bottle or over ice with a slice of lime, whilst their new Original Alcohol Free beer offers an option for those looking for low or no alcohol options