Directly sourced, award-winning tea
As Great Taste Award judges it is always good to see the award labels on products and Karma Tea Co. is one of these. Karma Tea Co. is an independent, artisan tea company owned and run by Alison Tran. Alison from London turned her love for tea into a business sourcing sustainable, high-quality teas from independent growers in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The company offers a range of 25 loose-leaf tea varieties including:
- Silk Cloud: light and delicate with spring floral notes, a sugar cane sweetness and a hint of dark chocolate. Winner of Great Taste award
- White Yeti: a smooth white-style tea with notes of vanilla, spring blossoms and fresh butter. Winner of Great Taste award
- Black Tea and Mango: a smooth, slightly creamy taste with rich fruitiness
- Forest Noir: bright and sweet, with aromas of rose and honeysuckle
- New Day Assam: A rich, malty, and full-bodied enough to be drunk with milk
- Esha (Earl) Grey: combines black tea from the highlands of Sri Lanka with real bergamot essential oil from fruits grown around the Mediterranean.
“Whereas there has been a lot of interest in how and where coffee and chocolate is produced, tea seems to have somehow fallen down the cracks and is still viewed as a commodity. This means the legacy of the colonial past has been allowed to continue, with some tea estates being paid very little for their product. There needs to be a lot more awareness of and appreciation for that cup of tea that many of us enjoy every day but take for granted.” says Alison
Available to buy directly at karmateaco.com