Mackays add to Scottish collection points
Mackays, famous for their Dundee marmalade, will be accepting entries for the fourteen different marmalade categories at its visitor shop in Arbroath and rewarding each entry with a free jar of its own award-winning Dundee Marmalade.
Now in its 11th year and attracting over 2700 entries, the Awards & Festival, sponsored by Mackays, Fortnum & Mason and Paddington, have raised nearly £200,000 for charities including Marie Curie in Scotland, Action Medical Research and Hospice at Home. (Find our previous post here)
The Marie Curie fundraising group in Scotland are encouraging marmalade enthusiasts to take their entries to one of the various collection points in Scotland, which will then be transported down to Dalemain House in Penrith, where the event takes place, for judging.
Everyone who enters a jar gets their preserve tasted and judged by experts, and then gets sent a personalised mark card with feedback on how the marmalade can be improved – or if they are lucky, a gold, silver or bronze award.
Martin Grant, managing director of Mackays, said: “Scotland has a proud marmalade making heritage and we need to make sure that as a country we are fully represented at the World Marmalade Awards. Last year two Scottish entries won double gold at the Awards. Anybody who has a love for making marmalade should get involved and try their luck at winning a category – not only are you spreading the marmalade love, you are also helping a very worthwhile cause as £8 from every Scottish entry goes to Marie Curie in Scotland.”
Entries can be dropped off at the collection points up until 9th February 2016. Further entry details including an entry form, category criteria, submission details, entry fees and entry drop-off points can be found at www.marmaladeawards.com.
Entries can also be posted directly and should arrive by Valentines Day (14th Feb) 2016– info on the website.
A full list of Scottish collection points can be found below.
Collection Points – Scotland
1. Mackays, Mackays Visitor Shop, James Chalmers Road, Arbroath DD11 3LR Tel: 01241 432600
2. Herbie of Edinburgh – 66 Raeburn Place, Edinburgh EH4 1HJ
3. Kincardine O Neill Village Shop, High Street, Kincardine O Neill, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5AA
4. Turriff’s Garden Centre and Farm Shop, 3 Albert Road, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD5 1AY
5. Discovery Point, Discovery Quay Dundee DD1 4XA
6. The Marie Curie Shop – Inverness & Aberdeen
7. Cairn Lodge Services, – Located between junctions 11 and 12 of the M74 in Lanarkshire, Scotland.
- How to identify elderflower and what to do with it - 05/07/2020
- Recipe : Elderflower Cordial - 04/07/2020
- Las Iguanas, Bella Italia and Belgo group in administration - 02/07/2020