Curry Masterclass with Sumayya Usmani
Experienced food writer and cookery teacher Sumayya Usmani has joined Tennent’s Training Academy to teach their Curry masterclass. If you love curries, but lack the confidence to make them from scratch, then this is the class for you!
The class begins with demonstrations from Sumayya Usmani, followed by hands-on cooking, and culminating in a delicious dinner selection of your own making. Some of the food cooked in the class may be taken home.
Learn more about Sumayya at:www.mytamarindkitchen.com
Example class description:
Learn how to make an authentic seasonal South Asian menu – including:
– Beetroot and Beef curry (Chaukandar Gosht), this aromatic South Asian dish is wonderful rich, warming with cinnamon and cardamom and deep red with slow cooked beef with beetroot, a dish that looks like so much effort but its so simple to make!
– Channa daal, learn the technique of tempering (tarka) with fragrant curry leaves, mustard seeds and learn how to make your own garam masala to top this daal.
– Other accompaniments will be a dry roasted cumin flavoured cucumber kachumber salad, saffron basmati rice and ending the class with a traditional Firni, cardamom ground rice pudding with a Scottish raspberry compote.
Course Price includes:
– All ingredients, equipment, tuition & recipes
– Apron during class & take away container
– Coffee & Tea on arrival
– A glass of Wine, Tennent’s, Magners or soft drink.
Minimum age 14 years – under 18’s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Other courses are available such as professional courses as well as leisure courses – more information here.
We have a space on the above course to give away to one lucky reader.[contesthopper contest=”19582″]