Buchanan Galleries to pioneer new indoor street food hub
Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow is revamping the traditional mall food court idea with a street food hub.
Taste Buchanan, a partnership between the Land Securities-owned Buchanan Galleries and hi- tech street trading platform StreetDots, will launch in early August and will host up to eight pop-up units serving street style food run by independents using Scottish- sourced produce.
The first line-up of traders to operate in Taste Buchanan includes:
• Chompsky, soft steamed Asian bao buns stuffed full of fusion flavours
• Designer Cakes by Paige, beautifully handmade cupcakes, truffles and push pops
• Equi’s, 90-year-old award-winning family ice cream business
• GLo Pizza, Italian wood-fired pizza͛s made with authentic Neapolitan flavours
• Sláinte Mhath, brand new Scottish pop-up bar specialising in craft cocktails
The traders will rotate every two to three months to keep the food offering fresh.
Taste Buchanan will open to the public in early August, trading seven days a week 11am to 7pm and 8pm on a Thursday.