It's soup time and what better way to keep healthy and add some tingle to your taste buds. This Spicy Parsnip Soup uses seasonal veg with some aromatic spices to liven up these dull days.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1"ginger greated
- 675g parsnips
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add oil.
- Add onions and spices inc garlic and ginger.
- Once onion us soft add parsnips. Cook for 5 minutes ensuring ingredients are mixed well.
- Place ingredients into soup maker.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Set to chunky or smooth. We chose chunky.
- Blend as you wish using soup maker blender.
- Garnish with cumin seeds.
We were asked by Legal and General to provide a healthy soup for winter and were provided with the soup maker to help with the development.